Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I am eating my food is eating my bowl?

They say that no matter how long you live, you learn something new every day... well, this was my day to learn...

IF THE STYROFOAM CUP NOODLES WITH KIMCHI BROTH SAYS "DO NOT MICROWAVE," THEN DO NOT MICROWAVE!!! D:<
*ahem*

Usually, when preparing instant cup noodles, the method of preparation would be no big deal. However, as I peeled the shrink-wrap off of my lunch, a bowl of delicious shrimp and kimchi ramen, I couldn't help but notice the instructions' insistence on putting boiling water into the container. There were no microwave instructions, but I figured "hey, it's just cup noodles, right?" and promptly stuck it in the microwave. Hey, I was hungry and had no means of boiling water!

Upon taking the bowl out of the microwave, I didn't notice anything too unusual... but AS I WAS EATING IT, apparently microwaving activates the acidity in the kimchi, and the broth began to eat the bowl. Usually, if a container is not made to be microwaved, it will begin its disintegration while STILL IN THE MICROWAVE. However, this time I had the opportunity to watch a show with my meal. It was more fascinating than what was on TV, anyway!

Well, I managed to eat quite a bit before I noticed the fact that my noodles' broth was eating the bowl (faster than I was eating them!) So now, a few hours after lunch, I'm left oddly full, and with the aftertaste of packing peanuts. Delicious!

No comments: