Sunday, September 29, 2013

Portraity things!

 I was bored the other day and decided to color in the sketchbook page with the portrait of Adrian I posted a few days ago; since I didn't bother to put down clean lines on a fresh piece of Bristol board, I decided to do the coloring in a similarly sketchy style.

 Weelllll... the result ended up being quite a bit cooler than I expected.  I then decided that I was going to start making this a thing, and did some more of other characters!

Adrian Kadmon, DevilSaint, Demonus, Unholy Paladin Studios
Prince of Hell and of glam-rock.

 More characters after the jump!



 Richter Mitchell, looking like he's about to beat someone's ass.  The smiley on his eyepatch was a last-minute addition, but I think he would look a bit too serious, and possibly even villain-like, without it.  So yeah, the smiley stays!

Richter Mitchell, DevilSaint, Phobos, Unholy Paladin Studios
Even with one eye and one arm missing, he still doesn't know how to back down from a fight.

 Next up is one of Amanda Owens, who as many of you probably know, is my favorite to draw among all of my characters.  In hindsight, I probably should've at least erased the pencil lines from where here chin was originally slightly too prominent; but the line was hardly visible on the physical copy (yaay HB pencils!).

Amanda Owens, DevilSaint, Nemesis, Unholy Paladin Studios
Actually somewhere around the dozenth or so portrait I've drawn of this character.

 And finally, the logical next character to draw is Justin Mitchell, having already drawn his brother and girlfriend lol.  This was actually a redraw; the first attempt had a lot of problems that I didn't really see until I added color.  His expression just didn't turn out as "cool" as it should've on the first attempt.  But this version turned out just fine!  Though some of my friends have asked if he was Link, I guess due to the goatee and green bandana (not an elf hat!).

Justin Mitchell, DevilSaint, Deimos, Unholy Paladin Studios
Dat protagonist glare.

 The aforementioned "first attempt" at the Justin portrait.  Not only did I draw his eyebrows in completely the wrong shape, he ended up looking somewhat more sickly/pathetic than cool.

Justin Mitchell failed portrait attempt
Not entirely terrible, but not great either.
 I'm kind of enjoying this new technique, so I'll probably at least keep going through the rest of the Warlords and Divines cast; might also get to the Olympians eventually, though most of them aren't as fun to draw except for Moe, Lauren, and Hideyori.

No comments: