Tuesday, September 24, 2013

What's on my desk: 9/24/13

Hello!  It's about time I did another one of these, so here's a look at the sketches that're on my desk at this moment.

DevilSaint, Adrian Kadmon, Demonus, Unholy Paladin Studios
Totally convincing as a priest there, Adrian.



 First off, some fanart.  As some of you may know, I've always been a HUGE fan of Hirohiko Araki's JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and you can even see some of that story's influence in my own DevilSaint in how the Deities are summoned (kind of like the Stands from JJBA).  Just please bear in mind though, that I drew these without any references handy, so there are a lot of inaccuracies lol (but hey, what's fanart without a few discrepancies, right?).

 First up is Johnny Joestar, one of the main protagonists from JJBA's 7th arc, Steel Ball Run.  For those unfamiliar with the character, his odd pose is due to his legs being crippled; the thing above his left shoulder is his Stand "Tusk," which, while not fighting directly (in that form at least), it grants Johnny the ability to fire off his fingernails like bullets.

Johnny Joestar, JJBA, Steel Ball Run, Tusk
The gun on his belt is totally redundant.

 Next is Gyro Zeppeli, the other protagonist of Steel Ball Run.  His ability revolves around channeling rotational force into another person via the steel balls, either inflicting straight damage, or causing various effects such as forcing their muscles to contract in a certain way (ie. turning an enemy's gun on themselves, tensing up an ally's muscles to the point of being almost impervious to damage, etc).  Probably one of my favorite fictional characters (meaning, perhaps I'll have to redraw this one in a way that actually does him justice, lol).

Gyro Zeppeli, JJBA, Steel Ball Run
Fear his mighty balls!  No, really.

 Last, and most inaccurate of the bunch is Josuke Higashikata from the 4th arc, Diamond is Unbreakable.  Josuke himself doesn't look too incredibly off, but... yeah, I shouldn't have tried to draw something with so oddly specific an armor design as his Stand "Crazy Diamond" without a reference available.  Ugh.

Josuke Higashikata, JJBA, Crazy Diamond, Diamond is Unbreakable, DUWANG
It's like DUWANG, but in visual form!

 Alright, so now onto original work!  Here's a building I threw together for a poster-sized illustration I've got an idea in my head for (don't worry, the final product won't be at this same boring angle, or tiny size ergo lack of detail).  Though I somewhat hate drawing backgrounds (hence my forte as only a character designer), I always did however have a thing for architecture.

architecture and whatnot
With my work schedule and general pace with illustrations, expect to see the poster... sometime next year?  *sadface*

 And speaking of character design!  Here's an alternate costume for DevilSaint's Adrian Kadmon.  I realized that the priest outfit I usually draw him in while he's in human "disguise" is kind of boring and un-flashy, to I decided to detail it up a bit.  He's also in his "Angel Mode" (the default form I usually draw him in) here, though he'll usually appear more or less human while in this sort of outfit.

Adrian Kadmon, DevilSaint, Unholy Paladin Studios
I really ought to consider other positions to draw his mutated hand in.

 And last, though certainly not least... a portrait of Adrian giving his best scowl.

Adrian Kadmon, DevilSaint, Unholy Paladin Studios
"The Hell you lookin' at?"

 Until next time!

No comments: