Tuesday, July 23, 2013

What's on my desk: 7/23/13

Hey everyone!

 I'd just like to show you a couple of my recent art projects, and some sketches that are a little bit older, but still haven't been shown yet.  Let's start with this preview of a project I'm finally getting back to again:

Amanda Owens, Nemesis, phoenix, DevilSaint, Unholy Paladin Studios
The most elaborate tattoo I've designed yet, but for a fictional character of my design.  There's an underlying sense of vanity to that, isn't there...?
 More after the jump!



 This is a piece I'd done last summer, when the whole "exercising the right to bear firearms" debate was going strong.  Meant to submit this as a political cartoon to run in the papers, but it never came to pass.  Ah well.  Still worth looking at, and maybe having a chuckle over:

Unholy Paladin Studios, political cartoon, 2nd Amendment
This pun is bad, and I should feel bad.

 This piece, titled I Would've Given You the World, was done in reaction to some pretty harsh shit I was going through around Valentine's day last year.  Long past over it of course, but I'm still proud of how this came out.

Unholy Paladin Studios, Christopher McCurdy, emo, Valentine's Day
Not to sound hipster, but I was wearing the fedora before it was uncool.  It has since been burned.

 And now, on a much newer and happier note, here's a piece I did to cheer up a good friend of mine who happens to really like jellyfish:

I'd imagine they'd go "blooo~" all cute-like if you poked them.  :3
The friendliest poisonous stinging tentacled predators of the sea you'll ever meet.

 And now, on to the sketches!

 For the longest time, I'd been meaning to do a proper design for Samuel Elway III / Aeacus.  He's one of the most important characters to the first arc of DevilSaint, and in fact was the very first character I'd ever drawn for the story, back around 12 years ago when he was meant to be the main character and I couldn't come up with a more creative name for his transformed state other than "Judicial Knight" (really, me?!).  So yeah, sketches, proper design, weapon figured out, yay!

Aeacus, Samuel Elway, DevilSaint, Unholy Paladin Studios
Due to his ability, he's only going to have one level of transformation like Zeus.  Hence the elaborate design.

Aeacus, Samuel Elway, DevilSaint, Unholy Paladin Studios
His back, the inner layer of his armor, and how his weapons are stowed.

Aeacus, Samuel Elway, DevilSaint, Unholy Paladin Studios
Detail of his gauntlet, as well as some expressions.

Aeacus, Samuel Elway, DevilSaint, Unholy Paladin Studios
All 4 forms of his weapon, and the various configurations for combining them.

 I hope you enjoyed these, and please stay tuned for more of my artwork!

No comments: