Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Something old - Nemesis's final weapon


This is an old drawing of Nemesis's final weapon, the "Vengeful Phoenix Goddess." I designed it back when I was really into Dynasty Warriors 4, what with its overly stylized weapons and all... So you can see that there are several parts of the shaft that don't quite make sense in the overall "flow" unlike most of my other weapon designs. It is, in fact, for that very reason that I have not posted the thing... However, after seeing how successful my other two weapons I've posted over at DeviantArt have become (the "Godfire Dragon Blade" and especially the "Soul of Hell" ), and also I still rather like the forward half of this weapon, I decided to go ahead and put it up on the intarwebz for everyone to see. :P

It is interesting to note that on this one, since the primary blade is now comprised of energy (similarly to the aforementioned Godfire Dragon Blade), there is some more stuff added to the forward section to compensate. Also, though it's quite small in the picture due to foreshortening, you can see the blade from her first-form weapon used in place of the counterweight... perhaps making the weapon more of a voulge than a naginata.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you Blade!! And keep up the awesome work! ^_~