Monday, December 31, 2007

And one more to finish out the year with!

I saved my best one for last! :D

This is my character Heather Dawes with her Deity Enyo. The guitar she's holding is actually my own Yamaha RGX612A (though it's kind of hard to tell from the back of it lol ). This one took a long time to complete, as I had to redraw the entire picture several times over because I simply wasn't happy with how any of the sketches were turning out; then I picked out the parts I liked out of each of the four sketches and used my light table to ink a composite of those things. I am very happy with the end result; I'd say this is probably my best illustration this year!

So, looking into 2008, I hope to be more productive as an artist, and continue improving at this rate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did you name her Heather Dawes? I'm curious, because that's my name! Have an ace day ~ HD xxx

Unknown said...

Her first and middle names (Heather Meredith) are those of an old girlfriend, just reversed; her last name is just one I happened to pick out of a hat since it sounded good. :)