Friday, February 22, 2008

Figure drawing tutorial and other stuff

If you're interested, feel free to check out this figure drawing tutorial I put together!

Tutorial link
(Linked since Blogger automatically resizes everything... ^^; )

Also, here is the current progress on the picture in the tutorial:

Yup, I'm finally taking the plunge into digital art! I'm still a fair bit lost on a few of the processes, but it's certainly a learning experience. Also, with the help of the Tutorial Club on DA that Ahmed started, I've been able to pick up a few resources to help me out along the way.

_________________________________


So, in other news, work has been fairly interesting lately. We've been picking up a lot more work, and business is picking up nicely. There was just a round of promotions, unfortunately I was not among them... however the higher-ups have stated that there will be more opportunities very soon. I'm looking forward to it!

A fellow member on HobbyFanatics has challenged all of the veteran mecha model builders to "put our money where our mouths are," so to speak, and post our recent works in order to lead the newer members by example. I've no problem with this, in fact I've just finished gluing my Wildfalken kit earlier today and it'll be ready for primer once I sand it one more time... but I don't really want to post a WIP thread unless I'm doing something extraordinary like extensive mods or a new technique of some sort... So, I'll just try to get through this one really quickly (and hopefully the weather lets up so I can airbrush the thing...), so I have a finished product to show everyone. And hopefully I don't get bashed for my shitty camera. lol

This doesn't really look like enough to start a WIP thread off of, does it?
Also, my usual airbrushing "workbench" is out of commission at the moment:


I set up a board on this ledge outside of my apartment as a platform for airbrushing, since I can't set up a spray booth indoors.

Oh well, maybe it'll give me an opportunity to practice my handbrushing techniques?

No comments: