Thursday, April 10, 2008

Another grail kit obtained!

A couple of days ago, I received the 1/100 scale Nobel Gundam kit from Mobile Fighter G Gundam in the mail!


As many of you may well know, two of the things I like most are women in armor and unique mecha designs which stand out from the rest, and this one fits both criteria (well, technically, it's not a "woman in armor" so much as an "armored robot that is woman-shaped," but it applies just the same in my mind). The reason I had been wanting this kit in particular for so long, was because it is in such a dynamic pose. And then when Wijaya informed me that he happened to have an original that he'd be willing to part with, I wasted no time in taking the opportunity to get it from him.

After some test-fitting of the parts, the only possible issue that I might have during the assembly of the kit is the weight of the "hair" since it only has the head to attach to, and the neck may be a bit thin to support the weight. But, it's nothing some pins and CA can't fix! :D

As some may say, the levels of dorkdom go as follows:
The person builds model kits = Moderate Dork, maybe just average Joe with a hobby
The models in question are giant robots = Severe Dork, perhaps of the variety who listens to Japanese music all the time and shuts himself in for marathon anime sessions
The giant robot model is in the form of a Japanese schoolgirl = King Dork; one who is beyond the point of ever being considered normal. LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mic from HF Forums here...browsed through your blog and realized how awesome it is...

I am also aspiring to be a Comics Artist...hopefully able to work in DC or Marvel in future though it aint possible...

Hell of a Grail kit btw...I believe Rainguy is the only other individual who possesses this kit.

Unknown said...

'Sup Mic!

Actually, it was "Rainguy" Wijaya whom I purchased it from! ;D

Hopefully I'll be able to make it a build to be proud of.