Saturday, March 01, 2008

recently finished commission

I just realized that I had forgotten to post here a recent commission I had finished...

It is a request for Sarah, the daughter of one of my co-workers. She's really into comics and fantasy stuff, and wanted to be drawn as a comic character in a sort of warrior armor. Working with her father Bill on the creative process, this was what I eventually came up with; she seems to have liked it. I took a different approach to the styling of features from how I normally draw characters... particularly on the face. I'm not so accustomed to drawing people from real life as comic characters unless I've known them for a while and can present things about their personality in a manner other than just base physical appearance.... as such, I think could have done more as far as expressiveness goes.

No comments: