Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Remembering One's Roots

Ah yes, it's always nice to go back through one's old stuff and see what memories come up! I was digging through a bunch of my junk from my school years (ages ago, it seems), and found the very first form of the Unholy Paladin Project!

It all started as a concept for a card game, in which modernized versions of all sorts of Gods, Goddesses, monsters, and demons from various ancient cultures would duke it out in a battle system which was ultimately doomed to failure and incompletion... but it was a darn cool project at the time, and it brought enough attention to my humble little project to actually try to create a coherent story out of it, and take it seriously enough to make it into what I consider to be my life's work!

Craptastic scans of what cards I got completed follow... it is amazing how much the characters have changed; how much the project as a whole has evolved since then!


Hell, looking back, some of the names didn't even make sense! "Judicial Knight?" WTF? The most generic name I could come up with at the time I suppose... also there's the fact that the characters would have to get new Deities in order to progress in levels, even though their levelled-up forms didn't look too much different... how confusing! Man what was I thinking?!

No comments: