Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Unholy Paladin

Hello!

As promised, today I am going to discuss the other series of mine, which I consider to be my life's work, Unholy Paladin.

First though, some background... the series began as just a project back in high school in which I was "modernizing" some of the Gods of ancient societies to create a sort of "superhero" fighting series which at the time was intended for a video game which my friends and I never got around to making. After the game project fell through, I decided to develop the characters and their stories to attempt to create an epic series not just about their fighting, but their daily lives as well. With nearly 30 major characters, coming up with unique stories for each of them has proven to be quite a challenge, but it is definitely worth it.

The basic plot revolves around the existence of "Deities," ancient beings which are capable of granting their abilities to a human whose soul is compatible with the Deity. The Deities return to Earth every so often whenever there is a major catastrophe or a need for their abilities. Usually, the users of the Deities do herioc deeds, and in ancient societies were worshipped as Gods; however, there are some Deity users who have abused their powers to gain power over normal people. The story involves a group of Deity users and their struggles against other people with the same type of power.

I can not reveal any major details about the epic story of this series just yet, but I can at least post information regarding a few of the major characters over the next few days.

No comments: